Chat with a BookBlogger: Aimee


Featuring: Aimee


As Book Bloggers we're always trying to connect with each other on social media and exchange tips on how to grow our followers.  With that in mind, I decided to do something different and invite the Book Bloggers I admire for a chat with TrendySimpleLife (me!).

My first chat is with Aimee, from Aimee, Always

1) Aimee, please tell us a bit about yourself (that we won't find out in your blog):
    Ooh this is tough! There's not a lot that's interesting about me aside from the fact that I'm a 4'10" book blogger! Let's see--I love chocolates and iced tea, but have a minor heart condition that prevents me from taking in anything with a lot of caffeine (boo), although sometimes the urge is too strong to resist!

2) You have over 3,000 followers on Twitter and are about to hit the same number on Instagram, which are pretty high numbers in the blogging/social media community.  What makes your blog so unique?
     I've been growing my audience since 2013, when the bookish community wasn't so big yet, so I think that's a big factor! It was a lot easier to get noticed back then, and honestly, I'm just totally myself! I don't really censor myself online--I'm honest, whether I love or hate something. I think people in the community really appreciate honesty and genuineness.

3) How long did it take for you to get to these numbers?
    Like I said, I started around 2013--although I did take a really long break from sometime in the middle of 2015, until the end of 2017.

4) Which social media platform do you spend most of your time on?  Is this the platform that gives you most results?
    TWITTER. I adore seeing everyone's random bookish and non-bookish thoughts--it's the best place to really get to know people and converse. I do get a lot of engagement on there! :)

5) What's your favorite kind of post to work on? Why?
    Even if they're not the most popular posts on my blog, I still adore writing book reviews. I love giving my unbiased opinion, and being to help people out with their reading choices. I also love writing my monthly wrap-ups, since I don't have to think too much and just let the words flow. :)

6) How many books do you read per month on average?
    Back in 2013-2015, I used to read around 10 books a month. I've gotten a lot slower now, and life has been busier. I read around 4-6 books a month now.

7) Do you review every book you read?
    I would love to, but I don't have the time or the attention span to do that. If a book already has a lot of thoughtful reviews, I don't feel the need to review it myself.

8) Favorite Author?
    This is such a hard question! All authors have different "specialties," I guess. I love Rick Riordan for his humor, Marie Lu for her action scenes, Richelle Mead for snark, and so many more!

9) Best book you read in 2018 so far and why:
    I talked about this in my Mid-Year Freak Out Tag post, and my answer still remains the same: To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo. If you like fantastical books with amazing characters, lots of wit and magic--you NEED to read this!

10) In which way (positive/negative) has blogging affected/changed your life?  
      Blogging has affected me positively, definitely. I've become more open-minded about a lot of things, like the LGBT community, mental illnesses, etc. These are things I wouldn't have given second thoughts to before I blogged.

11) Please tell us 3 tips for newbie bloggers: 
      PUT YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR BLOG! I know a lot of people put too much focus on their blogs, especially if they're new and are trying to gain some numbers. It's awesome to be passionate about your blog, but don't stress yourself out over it! Your health is still more important!
 
     The blogging community is a community--meaning engagement is important, and also fun! There are so many amazing, genuine people who want to see you grow and succeed. Be genuine and kind right back at them.
 
    You're not obligated to blog about what's popular! Blog about what you love, and readers will love you for that. ♥

Bio:
Aimee's a short Asian girl who loves to blog about books, blogging, and other personal happenings. Her blog, Aimee, Always is the perfect place to find all sorts of fun (and informative–hopefully!) news and shenanigans related to [young adult] books and blogging. It's both a book blog and a personal blog rolled into one brutally honest corner of the Internet.

Connect with Aimee:
bloggoodreadstwitterinstagrampinterest

Thank you so much for joining me on my chat with Aimee.  If you know Aimee, please let her know that you saw this post.  If you don't know Aimee, go ahead and check out her blog.

Thank you Aimee!  I had a lot of fun chatting with you and look forward to connecting again in the future :-)

0 comments