Bookworm on vacation: Virginia Beach




I don't know about you, but being a book lover, I tend to avoid vacations where I have to run around sightseeing and end up not relaxing.  Call me lazy (or bookworm), but my perfect getaway is sitting on the beach or even my hotel room balcony with a good book and a drink (coffee or wine, depending on what time it is)!

I just took a road trip to Virginia Beach for Spring Break with my family (dog included).  My top priority was to find time to read as much as possible, while still enjoying their company.  To my surprise, this was easily achieved, since we all agreed that we were going to relax, take walks on the beach, ride bikes, take pictures and not worry about a thing!   

The plus side of visiting Virginia Beach in the spring time is that you get to avoid the summer crowds, and, dogs are allowed on the beach before Memorial Day weekend. Maggie really enjoyed being on the beach with us! 





If you do feel like venturing out for an occasional sightseeing, there are plenty of places to visit.  One of my favorites is the Norfolk Botanical Garden, with 155 acres of gardens and 12 miles of trails where you can see various blooming plants and flowers, and an absolutely breathtaking rose garden!



Another option is the The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, with over 800,000 gallons where you can touch a stingray, pick up a horseshoe crab, explore the Owl's Creek salt marsh at one of the best aquariums and animal habitats in the country​. 







FUN Facts:
Virginia Beach is rated one of the least stressful metro areas in the U.S. (Who knew?)
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is the world's largest bridge-tunnel complex.



What’s next on my vacation list?
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
London, England
Porto, Portugal

0 comments