#T5W - Characters You'd Want at FriendsGiving


Characters You'd Want at FriendsGiving



It's time for another TOP 5 Wednesday!


This week also happens to be a special time for us in the US, because we celebrate Thanksgiving with our Families...so in the spirit of being Thankful, our theme this week is Which Characters would you invite to your FriendsGiving? 

But what is FriendsGiving exactly?

"The name Friendsgiving is a mashup of “friends” and “Thanksgiving,” and the idea is to spend an evening with the holiday’s classic dishes and your best buds. There isn’t a strict, enduring set of guidelines—Friendsgiving is a totally customizable modern tradition that’s taken off in recent years"  (excerpt from Real Simple).

I would actually love to have an informal FriendsGiving celebration with some of my favorite characters...let me know if you agree with my choices ♥


1. Gallowglass from the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness, because he's not just a drop-dead gorgeous vampire, but he's also sweet and in love with the wrong person.  He deserves a hug...


2. Tom Sawyer from the Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, because that little troublemaker kept me company for many years during my childhood and we sure have a lot of tales to share.


3. Jude from The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, because I just love a girl that can kick-ass and doesn't follow all the rules!


4. Jules Ember from Everless by Sara Holland, a girl that can stop time might become extremely useful at the dinner table :-)


5. Fat Charlie Nancy from the Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, because he made me laugh out loud, and we all need a funny friend at the table...




♥♥♥

Do you play games with your guests during dinner and/or events?  How about a "What If" scenario game?  Click this link to download it for free (no strings attached).

Have FUN and HAPPY FRIENDSGIVING!!!






17 comments

  1. Great list of characters. Jude very nearly made my list she is a great character.
    Gemma @ www.gemmasbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your list. Left a comment on your post as well ❤️

      Delete
  2. Love this! I would choose Joshua Templeman from The Hating Game (sorry Kyle), Jude St. Francis from A Little Life, Benji Ovich from Beartown, Stella Lane from The Kiss Quotient and Ponyboy from The Outsiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great list. I actually thought about picking Stella Lane ❤️

      Delete
  3. Great post. I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! It would take me way too long to pick 5 book characters! I know which 5 real life people though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not easy to pick the 5 characters, but I tried really hard to not choose any Harry Potter character...

      Delete
  5. I’m reading the All Souls Trilogy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom Sawyer would definitely be a fun person to hang out with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm only familiar with Jude, but I was not really impressed with this character unfortunately, lol. But I'm coming across some other books/characters, I really want to know more about. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete