TOP NINE BOOKS OF 2020

 


As I was getting ready to write my 2020 wrap-up, the lyrics from the song Seasons of Love by Jonathan Larson came to mind:

"Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure? Measure a year?"

💟

In one of my recent Instagram posts I asked which book title would represent 2020, and my buddy JenaBrownWrites had the perfect book/answer:  A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS.  I think that's one title we can pretty much all agree on.


To say that 2020 was a chaotic year is an understatement, but books were the trusted companions that allowed me to travel to different worlds (sometimes crazier than ours), believe that magic is real, fall in love all over again, and help me gain a better understanding of the society we live in...so, in those Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes, I managed to read 75 books (not too shabby), and here are the TOP NINE books that have touched my soul:


FICTION:

  • ANXIOUS PEOPLE by Fredrik Backman
  • THE MIDNIGHT LIBRARY by Matt Haig
FANTASY:
  • CRESCENT CITY (House of Earth and Blood) by Sarah J Maas
  • THE FIFTH SEASON by N.K. Jemisin
  • THE INVISIBLE LIFE OF ADDIE LARUE by V.E. Schwab
HISTORICAL FICTION:
  • THE EXILES by Christina Baker Kline
NON-FICTION:
  • STAMPED: Racism, Antiracism, and You - A Remix by Jason Reynolds & Ibram X. Kendi
ROMANCE:
  • BEACH READ by Emily Henry
YOUNG ADULT FICTION:
  • THE POET X by Elizabeth Acevedo

👉🏼 What about you?  
How did you spend all those minutes?  
Please share...


HAPPY NEW YEAR! Stay Safe and Healthy!

0 comments