2020 Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag




Can you believe it's July already?  

Honestly, there's nothing I would like more than press the reset button and re-install 2020, because the version we downloaded is definitely bugged...but when nothing seems to be working, books offer comfort and the option to escape reality!

I only see one way to sum up the first 6 months of 2020: I read 41 books and I am on target to hit my year-end goal of 80 books (I read 83 books in 2019)!

So, without further ado, let's look at the #MIDYEARBOOKFREAKOUTTAG  

BEST BOOK you've read so far in 2020?

After falling in love with The Night Circus, I couldn't wait to read The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. 
Click here to view my full review of this Masterpiece.  

❤❤❤❤❤

BEST SEQUEL you've read so far in 2020?

That would be Blue Lily, Lily Blue (book 3 of The Raven Cycle) by Maggie Stiefvater!  
If you haven't read this series, I suggest you order your copies now!


❤❤❤❤❤

NEW RELEASE you haven't read yet but want to?  

The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin is sitting on my shelf and I'm planning on reading it in July.  
I have very high expectations for this book!


❤❤❤❤❤

Most ANTICIPATED RELEASE for the second half of 2020?

There are 2 books coming out in September that I already pre-ordered and can't wait to get my hands on: 
Anxious People by Fredrik Backman 
and

❤❤❤❤❤

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT?

Hmmm, I have to confess that I DNF'ed Crave by Tracy Wolff.  
It just didn't do it for me :-(

❤❤❤❤❤

BIGGEST SURPRISE?

One debut book that was a total surprise to me was Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas! 
I read it without high expectations and yet, this book was a solid 5 stars!

❤❤❤❤❤

Favorite NEW to you AUTHOR?

After reading both The Simple Wild and Wild at Heart,  K.A. Tucker quickly became a favorite!


❤❤❤❤❤

Newest FICTIONAL CRUSH?

Hunt Athalar from House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas. 
I mean, who wouldn't fall for the notorious fallen angel? 


❤❤❤❤❤

Newest FAVORITE CHARACTER?

Twelve-year-old Edward Adler
I got very emotional when followed Edward on his coming-of-age journey from feeling like he didn’t deserve to survive to understanding that he is a survivor!!!  From learning to put away his guilt of being alive to deciding to do something to honor the people that didn’t make it.⁠

❤❤❤❤❤

Book that made you CRY?

In Five Years by Rebecca Serle made me cry at the end and I wasn't sure if I was happy or sad with the ending...how did that happen?


❤❤❤❤❤

Book that made you HAPPY?

Little Wonders was a breath of fresh air. It was funny and SO real!

❤❤❤❤❤

Favorite Book-To-Movie ADAPTATION you saw this year?

I haven't really been watching lots of TV lately, and even though I haven't watched it yet, I can't wait for Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo TV series to release on Netflix!

❤❤❤❤❤

Favorite REVIEW you've written this year?

Pretty much the same answer as last year's book tag, I like every review I write.  
I do it because I enjoy it, so it's not an obligation, it's my opinion.  I'm not sure I can choose a favorite, except the one review that got chosen by Penguin Books, which was How to Stop Time by Matt Haig.



❤❤❤❤❤

Most BEAUTIFUL BOOK you've bought so far this year?

Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo is just stunning!



❤❤❤❤❤

What BOOKS do you need to READ by the end of this year?

That might be the toughest question of all!!!
Honestly, I'm like a kid in a toy store and want to read all the books...

❤❤❤❤❤


There you have it.  
I'm not going to tag anyone so feel free to #TAG yourself, and let me know if any of these books made to your list as well! 
✌🏼


“Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.” 

0 comments