Meet Cute by Helena Hunting


Book Review

BOOK REVIEW: Meet Cute by Helena Hunting

Release Date: April 9th, 2019
Genre: Romance / Rom-Com
Published by Forever
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️  My Goodreads Rating


BOOK BLURB:

Talk about an embarrassing introduction. On her first day of law school, Kailyn ran - quite literally - into the actor she crushed on as a teenager, ending with him sprawled on top of her. Mortified to discover the Daxton Hughes was also a student in her class, her embarrassment over their meet-cute quickly turned into a friendship she never expected. Of course, she never saw his betrayal coming either...

Now, eight years later, Dax is in her office asking for legal advice. Despite her anger, Kailyn can't help feeling sorry for the devastated man who just became sole guardian to his thirteen-year-old sister. But when her boss gets wind of Kailyn's new celebrity client, there's even more at stake than Dax's custody issues: if she gets Dax to work at their firm, she'll be promoted to partner.

The more time Kailyn spends with Dax and his sister, the more she starts to feel like a family, and the more she realizes the chemistry they had all those years ago is as fresh as ever. But will they be able to forgive the mistakes of the past, or will one betrayal lead to another?

MY THOUGHTS:

What would you do if you stumbled into your TV crush? (Taylor Kinney, I'm talking to you)!  
I'm very clumsy and I can just picture myself saying all the wrong things and totally acting like a fool... 

#MeetCute is a SUPER Cute, romantic story, that was impossible to put down. I started reading it in the middle of Saturday afternoon and only stopped it because I needed to go to bed. I finished it first thing on Sunday morning ☕️.

Don't be fooled by the cute cover.  This book has all the feels.  It's loaded with a roller coaster of emotions from tragedy and family-drama to humor and swoon-worthy scenes (and OMG, talk about passionate)! It’s also full of charm and you can’t help but fall in love with the main characters as well. It totally surpassed my expectations and now I want to read Helena Hunting’s other books 📚

If you're looking for a great book to read this summer, pick this one up! You won't regret it. 😉

Needless to say, I'm a fan now!!!♥

“I think it’s interesting that you have a thing for the teenage version of me 
but you’re not all that fond of the real, adult version.” 

#MeetCute left me with such a happy feeling in the end, that I just had to create a playlist 🎧:

7 comments

  1. What a great review. I love that cover too. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped the review only because I am reading it right now!!! Thank you for lending me the book!!! I hope to be done this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cute and I love happy. Just what I look for to read between all those murder/mystery reads.

    ReplyDelete