Book Blogger A to Z Survey


Book Blogger A to Z Survey




Hi everyone! 
I just saw this post from A Bookish Peach, and it looked so interesting that I decided to tag myself! (That's pretty much the kind of freedom that comes with blogging: you can tag yourself and/or do whatever you want...) 

By the way, this survey was originally created by The Perpetual Page Turner, back in 2013.  Please pay her a visit when you have a chance!

Read below to see all of my answers :-)

Author you’ve read the most books from:

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure that's Anne Rice.  I will never forget the first time I read An Interview with a Vampire! I was obssessed by her books (and while on vacation in New Orleans many years ago, I ditched all my friends and went to one of her book signings).  

Best Sequel Ever:

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (from The Hunger Games Trilogy)

Currently Reading:

The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer and Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Usually coffee but sometimes a glass of wine is required 

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical books. I think my reading is 70% physical books, 20% audiobooks and 10% e-reader.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Ha! That's an interesting question, but since we're talking "Fictional" character, I would say Matthew Clairmont, the jaw-dropping good looking vampire from A Discovery of Witches.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

Hidden Gem Book:

Broken Open by Elizabeth Lesser

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

When my dad gave me 1984 by George Orwell.  We both read it and talked about it for hours.

Just Finished:

Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I'm not one to discriminate and usually will read anything that catches my attention, but, I'm not really into romance novels.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Wicked by Gregory Maguire

Major book hangover because of:

Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.  

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Not enough!  I'm actually in the process of turning my daughter's old baby room into a reading room so I can stack all my books there (and hopefully my family will stop complaining that my books are taking over the house).

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Preferred Place To Read:

Living Room sofa, by the window.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“Stories are webs, interconnected strand to strand, and you follow each story to the center, because the center is the end. Each person is a strand of the story.”  ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

Reading Regret:

Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Meloy


Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige


Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Love Anthony by Lisa Genova / The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini / Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice


Unapologetic Fangirl For:

That’s a tough one.  This answer changes from time to time.  Right now I'd have to say Neil Gaiman and Lisa Genova (very different styles, I know).


Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

I just found out that Anne Rice has a new book from the Vampire Chronicles coming out in October!!!


Worst Bookish Habit:

Judging a book by its cover.


X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


Your latest book purchase:

The Alternate Side by Anna Quindlen


ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Educated by Tara Westover


I would really LOVE to see some of you join me and answer this survey as well!  
If you do, please link back to this page :-)




10 comments

  1. This is fab! I am a fellow book lover, so have noted down a few of the books to read. Im always on the look out! Great post, I enjoyed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your through a post on Stumbly https://stumblyblog.com/2018/06/19/book-blogger-a-z-survey/ and thought I'd let you know I did the A-z too!

    My post is here: http://books.thetechchef.net/book-blogger-a-z-survey/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arwen! I read your A-Z answers and I love to discover new books! Thanks for the link back :-)

      Delete
  3. This is very fun way to learn about eachothers. I love lerning fun facts about people all around world. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read it! We should come up with similar posts so we connect more :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi this is a survey I created! Would love to be credited -- thanks! http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2013/08/some-friday-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have updated my page and properly linked to yours. Thanks for the note!

      Delete